- Wild-type, transgenic and mutant bleached embryos
- Transgenic/mutant generation
- Embryo microinjection
- Screening of injected fish and establishment of stable founder lines (by fluorescence or genotyping)
- Embryo microinjection of morpholinos
- In vitro fertilization
- Tank leasing and line maintenance to transiently host fish lines
- Live feed production (rotifers and decapsulated artemia cysts)
- Consulting and training on facility design, management and husbandry
- Sperm cryopreservation
Zebrafish larvae is used as a model system for toxicology studies and as a screening tool to test drugs for biomedical research, analyzing impacts in organs, gene expression or metabolites. Previous work includes:
- toxicology studies of organic pollutants, anti-inflammatory compounds and nanomaterials.
- assess metabolic changes and functional and structural damage by drugs.
- support in drug repurposing screens for Parkinson´s disease and spinal cord regeneration.